Friday, February 24, 2012

Chicken Wonton Tacos!


In our house we love to cook with Mexican and Asian flavors and this dish is the perfect combination of both - Matt's mom described these as Amasian Wonton Tacos!

These were a little bit time consuming to make since we had to bake the wontons in batches, but the overall result was well worth it! First thing you'll need to do is marinate the chicken -


Mix together:
1/2 cup Asian Sesame Ginger Dressing
1/4 cup Teriyaki
1/4 cup Stir Fry Sauce
1/4 cup General Tsao Sauce
2 Cloves Diced Garlic
2 tablespoons Diced Green Chillis 
2 tablespoon diced Cilantro
Salt and Pepper

(That's just the combination that I used, but you should play around with it until it's tastes the way you want!)

Dice chicken up very small and mix with marinade - Let it sit in fridge for 1 hr






While the chicken is marinating mix your bag of coleslaw with some of the Asian Sesame Ginger dressing and set aside.







Now for the star of the show - The Wontons!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Choose a pan with fairly wide side and spray the entire pan with non stick spray.  Coat each wonton with egg wash on both sides and sprinkle one side with salt.  Drape wontons over the sides of the pan and bake for about 5 minutes. 
Continue cooking in batches until all of your wontons are done.

Beware - these babies can burn fast so keep your eyes on them!


While your working on the wontons you start cooking the chicken. Pour all of the chicken and marinade into a pan over medium heat and bring to a boil.  Continue cooking until the chicken is done and the sauce thins out slightly. 


Now the Taco Party begins...

Fill the shells with some chicken, coleslaw and if you want some sliced red onion. 

We served ours with black beans and rice.. yummm

Our perfect Wonton Taco Bar - Don't forget the Coronas!


Enjoy!
I'd love to hear if you guys try this recipe or if you have any suggestions to make it even better!
Please don't forget to follow!
I'm linking this recipe to these great blogs! 
Pin It

6 comments:

  1. Hi Alison!

    So glad you stopped by my blog today. Already I've pinned your Rolling Pin Apron Rack and your recipes look great {Mexican and Asian are at the top of my fav eats list}. I'm your newest follower too.

    Have a great weekend :)
    Robin
    happilyhomeafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your recipe at Potpourri Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um, yum! These look totally delicious...I never would have thought to mix Mexican and Asian cuisine like that. Genius!

    BTW I'm stopping over from the newbie party and I love your blog. I'm your newest member!
    I'd love for you to stop by and check out my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! These sound great! I love all the ingredients so I bet I would like them! Glad to have found your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great! I know we'd love these! And the little wontons are really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This recipe sounds and looks delicious! We loved having you join us at "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back next week! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...